Friday 4 October 2013

Storyboard

Amanda: We think doing a storyboard meant we could discuss ideas, see them and merge our ideas together. We know that we might not stick to these exact shots, because later in the process we could change our mind or realise a different shot works better. However, having a visual idea of what we want to achieve, we think, is time saving and a great example of teamwork.

Clare:
For our storyboard, I decided to start drawing out our rough ideas on paper that we had as a group and after we had discussed various angles, shots and compositions to prepare us for our real shooting. I enjoyed this process and thought it was valuable because we could sit down and discuss all the ways we could go about depicting our storyline to our target audience and ways in which we could display to them the different emotions our character Anna goes through without revealing too much.

Ade: Our storyboard fully illustrates the ways in which we want each camera shot, character's movements and props that we hope to include within our trailer. After viewing our location shots and exploring different method and camera angles of filming, we decided  which ones we wanted and incorporated it into the storyboard. The storyboard provides a strict guideline that we want to follow so that we do not get carried away. However, we are openminded about other camera angles we could use that may be better and we have not restricted ourselves to what we put on paper. We decided where we thought our credits could appropriately appear and we have drawn that into the storyboard. However, we have not yet written what exactly we want as we understand the significance of credits and want to do insightful research and planning before putting our ideas into paper. As most film trailers consist of voice overs we wanted to include this into our trailer. We have consolidated the places we think that the voiceovers should happen but only have a vague idea of the dialogue, once again, their importance means we have to e sure it flows with the scenes and the actions of 'Anna'. 

Below is our draft storyboard:




Clare:
Having previously experimented with my own camera and editing software at home, I thought it would be a good idea to make my own animated storyboard for the group, and both Amanda and Adeola agreed this would be a good idea too. This includes me drawing out our different shots and demonstrating the look we want our trailer to be, which we discussed previously as a group. I thought this would be a fun and inventive way of indicating our direction, and with an added voice over would properly explain how we will go about creating our trailer.

I filmed this by using a simple whiteboard and pen I had at home, and I used a tripod on my camera to adjust the angle and film myself drawing out our ideas. I then made a script to follow through after my editing as an added voice over. I carried out all of this editing process on Windows Live Movie Maker at home using all my own equipment and professional recording microphone. It took quite a lot of planning and patience.



After I had completely finished editing my video and saved the project on Windows Live Movie Maker, I realised that the volume of the video file as a whole was pretty low. So, I researched up about how to increase video file volume and found a free software called iDealshare VideoGo which allows you to increase the video volume by 200%, so I converted several versions of my video until I was satisfied with the volume.

Here is my final animated storyboard:



Ade: Overall, we were pleased with the animated storyboard. It enabled us to clarify and consolidate our idea so that we al understood exactly what we would film, therefore it was successful and effective. The angle in which the camera is placed means that we can the drawings are clear and highly visible, and the descriptions clarify any thing which was not properly shown in the storyboard. The animated storyboard also includes music, so it makes it more enjoyable and flows with the drawing, however it is still loud enough that it doest undermine the voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment