Wednesday 25 September 2013

Time Lapse Experimentation

Clare:
For one of our scenes we would like to use the time-lapse technique to display clearly to the audience the location of our film by showing students walking into school and also to set a pace. Prior to filming, I thought it would be necessary to test this idea before we actually took it to our shooting. I placed a cloth on a table in my garden and set my Nikon Coolpix P510 camera facing upwards so that there was a clear view of the sky. It was quite a grey day so the clouds weren't moving an awful lot, but I decided to experiment this element anyway and tested for how long I should film in order to create the look and feel we desired. I decided to stop filming after 15 minutes and then imported the video to Windows Live Movie Maker on my laptop. I used the video editing tools to increase the speed of the video 64x. The video below demonstrates my attempt. I think this technique will work really well for our piece as it is a much more interesting way of exhibiting the location to an audience. 


Amanda: Also, the time lapse is a good definition of showing time passing, we want to contrast this with Anna walking alone. We also think having people rush past shows loneliness and not a chance to get to know people, or even ask for help. 


No comments:

Post a Comment